Ginger is our aphrodisiac of the day, because of it’s scent and ability to stimulate the circulatory system. The holidays are drenched with all sorts of ginger infused goodies, so here’s a decadent spin on the hot chocolate. This recipe is perfect for sharing with your special someone cuddled up in front of the fireplace. Enjoy! Smooches, Harley
Gingery Hot Cocoa (serves 2)
2 cups Milk
1/2-inch peeled, fresh ginger, sliced
4 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 teaspoons water
1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and ginger over medium heat until scalding, about 4 minutes.
2. While the milk is warming, put the sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl.
3. Add the water to the cocoa powder and sugar and stir to make a paste.
4. Remove ginger from the warmed milk with a slotted spoon.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the milk and whisk until frothy.
6. Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs.
7. Sprinkle the top with some ground ginger for extra bite.