Ginger is our aphrodisiac of the day, because of it’s scent and ability to stimulate the circulatory system. The holidays are drenched with all sorts of ginger infused goodies, so here’s a decadent spin on the hot chocolate. This recipe is perfect for sharing with your special someone cuddled up in front of the fireplace. Enjoy! Smooches, Harley
Gingery Hot Cocoa (serves 2)
2 cups Milk
1/2-inch peeled, fresh ginger, sliced
4 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 teaspoons water
1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and ginger over medium heat until scalding, about 4 minutes.
2. While the milk is warming, put the sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl.
3. Add the water to the cocoa powder and sugar and stir to make a paste.
4. Remove ginger from the warmed milk with a slotted spoon.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the milk and whisk until frothy.
6. Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs.
7. Sprinkle the top with some ground ginger for extra bite.
re·sil·ient – Able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions
I am excited to be in our 3rd week of the Alter Ego Class Series in Columbus, Georgia. I have the pleasure of working with 14 diverse women. They are resilient, bold, and beautiful, and I look forward to the many lessons they will afford me, as their instructor. Now that I am single, some days I feel as though I am the student–having to reinvent my sexy, and return to the world of dating. Which by the way is never easy, but definitely can be fun if done with an open mind. When starting over it seems hard to be optimistic that you will not have to face the same pains in a new relationship. I understand we have to embrace the lessons learned from relationships past, but not to the point of carrying that hurt into the future. Although, I learned the hard way, that you ALWAYS put ME before WE! And, yes I have always known this little lesson, but even the best of us, loose ourselves in others. Does this make you weak? Never, it only makes you stronger! So, as I embark upon this adventure of making over Me, these are the Rules I will play by:
- Love Self First!
- Date with an Open Mind.
- Always put safety first. (i.e. sex, dating, etc.)
- Be yourself.
- Know what you want.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Know what you are looking for in a partner.
- Know the things you can and can not handle.
- Don’t settle!
- Who cares what others think!
Have you ever become so absorbed with your lover, family, or friend, that you lost sight of who you were? How did you get your sexy back?